Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Drop Dead

When are you going to get sick of the way your life is?

Sick of not having enough time?

Sick of not having enough Energy?

When are you going to get sick of living life like it would last forever?

When are you going to get sick of being a “Christian” and start being a disciple of Christ?

When are you going to get sick of calling your self a Christian and hating your brother?

When are you going to get sick of praying faithless prayers?

When are you going to get sick of not following through with commitments?

When are you going to be sick of putting the people you love most onthe back burner?

When are YOU going to be the MAN you were called and created to be?

When are YOU going to be the WOMAN you were called and created to be?

When my friend are YOU going to change the direction your life is going?

What's it going to take?

WHAT? WHAT? What is it going to take? 

I thought about what it takes for me to get sick and tired of something last week, however I was reminded of it this evening.  But...

When are people going to get hungry for the living WORD of God?
No....
When are YOU going to get hungry for the living WORD of GOD?

When? 

When are you men going to start leading Women the way you are suppose to?
WOMEN..When are you going to shut up and be beautiful so that the man can lead you?

How sick of something does one have to get before change must occur?

I don't know... But I truly hope that you don't wait till your 88 years old and you realize that you have lived more life than you have left and don't have much to account for it. I was at an assisted living home this evening and today was my friends birthday. His name is Ed he turned 88. I asked him what advice he had for our generation. He said "DROP DEAD!"  Ed never went on to explain himself and his wife didn't have much to say for it either so it was left up for me to interrupt.  I came to the conclusion he is exactly right. We all need to "drop dead." We need to drop our bad, selfish, prideful, lustful, envying, hurtful attitudes. We need to "drop dead to our selves." I was reminded in Philippines 1:20-21 "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. " 

So what does it take to "drop dead?" 

How long until you "drop dead?
 
- Please make it sooner than later....... 

Give yourself a chance to change despite what the world says! 

-MC 



3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great post!!!

Danny said...

I think we should all have a funeral! Such true words!

P.S. This could be another chapter, you could reach like 50,000,000!

Anonymous said...

Hmm...so what does death look like? How do I make "I must decrease, He must increase" something solid? Something I can get up to every morning and run with? I like your thoughts.