Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Know Man cannot improve.....

"Laurie and I taught Misty and Casey that they should only get married in a church or outside because the marriage ceremony is a  covenant ceremony, instituted by God, and performed in his presence. 

Many have created beautiful churches around the world to represent the presence of God. But No matter how hard he tries man cannot improve upon what God himself has created." 



While I can still recall my father speaking the words to a congregation surrounding Austin and I on our wedding day, these words resonant in my heart daily and in so many more areas of life then where we got married. "Man cannot improve upon what God Himself has Created." Whether that be relationship, creation, or myself - WE cannot possibly improve the Creators work.

..He has purpose for everything he institutes, even a purpose for you.

Sure, we are to "Ask, seek, and knock", and to "pray without ceasing" soaking into all that father has for us but "man cannot improve upon wht God himself has created"

Rest assure - in him alone, we are perfect.

38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38-40

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I remember hearing Tony speak those words and I enjoy recalling them frequently. I am not the adventurous person YOU are, but I love to see God's works around me. Thank you for this post. Love you