Sunday, January 1, 2012



2011

If you recall, last year I decided I would find a word that would define my year. I wrote a whole post about it. Furthermore, the lord placed on my heart to ponder the word "move" for a year. And boy, did I move. We moved across the state and that was only the beginning... however, the word really only settled deep within me for the first 6 months, after that the lord was truly asking me to "be still." that to which was good for my soul, and for us. Like a child grows in his sleep, so I grew so much while I was "still."

The being still included many nights in the comfort of my own home, in front of the fire, enjoying the the company of my best friend, and our pup. Thus, blogging, writing, and some of my hobbies got set to the side. I never knew how important those moments could, and will be. Life happens in those moments. Still though, my heart was heavy these past two or so months when I started reflecting back to all that we did and all we did not. So in the process of reflecting I started looking forward, I started dreaming and praying what my "word" would be for the year and I knew one thing was certain, I wanted to see proof of my efforts this next year.


A few words came to mind but even last night I wasn't settled on a word, and because I'm OCD and a perfectionist not having a word settled on last night bothered me... Don't worry though, God knows me.. HE know how He wired me... So he confirmed my "word" at church this morning. Yes, God even cares about my word for the year...




drum roll please.........




The word for 2012 is.... Result...




The definition of result is "A consequence, effect, or outcome of something."




Yes, That's right for an entire year, I want to see the results of my efforts.




I want to see fruit of my labor.. my labor of love..




( side note) I know good and well that you don't always see the results of your work. You plant seeds but never see them bloom, I get that.




But what i am saying is, I can see results in studying the word and being in constant prayer.. I can see results of saving and being wise with our finances. I can see results in eating healthy and working out. I can see results of being kind to others, and loving my enemies..




But get this... It's not for me... No, Not about me at all. The whole idea of see results is working so hard something happens. giving so much of my self to the work of the lord that every night I lay my head of my pillow I can honestly say, LORD, I am tired because I gave all I had today.




I don't want to see the results for me! Today, I want to make a different in the lord. and If I never see the blossom of my labor, just the same.




So how did the lord confirm this in me at church today? He confirmed the thought of 2012 of being a year of Much More in 1 tim 4: 14-15.

"Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.

15 Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress."




the word, the living Word of God, tells me to be diligent, to give myself wholly to them, SO THAT, there are results, and all the see..


(side note again) my word has nothing to do with what I can show others!


It's about giving myself to the promises of God. It's Believing God at His word. His Promises. It's defining my day by His Love, His word, His promises, His Hope, His Goodness. It's believing
" that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Phil 1:6)



Redefine Today, 
Misty 























1 comment:

tiffanygo said...

I loved this post misty! My word for this year is growth! Growth in everything:) I want to see the results this year too!