Monday, November 1, 2010

A woman of excellence knows It's not about her.

I won't forget it. I had been working non-stop at the university I attend one summer.  It was freshman registration week and we were constantly busy. Meeting with students, playing games, or simply working behind the scenes, regardless what time it was we were working hard. I had texted my husband (which at the time was only a friend) about how I had to attend yet again another service or meeting and his reply "It's not about you." That's it... "It's not about you"...

When studying proverbs 31:10-31 each verse is full with how and what a a woman of excellence is and does. and while it never says this in proverbs 31:10-31 I can't help but to grasp that part of a excellent woman is remembering it's not about her..

"She arise early in the morning - why? for her self, no! for her household."
"She does who good - him, her husband good all the day's of her life"
"she extends her hand towards the poor"

I learned much that day my cowboy texted me. While I could have thrown the phone into one of the many fountains on campus, I looked at that day with a new perspective - That this, what ever I am doing, is not about me. It's about bringing good to those who do no good. It's about helping others who can't help themselves.  it's about giving my absolute best to all that the lord lays before me this day. and lastley it's about doing all things for the lord because he placed that which is before us. For all we do should be unto the Lord.

Redefine your day - remember it's not about you!


Photobucket

P.s I'm linking up with Lara who went through proverbs 31:10-31 for the entire month of October. If you haven't checked her out - do so now. She is a lady of wisdom. www.unrehearsedadventure.blogspot.com

No comments: