Monday, January 10, 2011

Goals 2011

Goal setting just happened in my home growing up. My parents set goals, they shared their goals with us,  then dad & mom encouraged us to set our own goals. I won't lie, it's been amazing to look back and see where the lord has brought us. The new year is always a great time to set new goals, however, I'm learning as i get older, set goals don't just happen overnight; nor does commitment.

Last year, Goal Achieved - GRADUATED COLLEGE in 3 years.. Praise HIM!

Lots of other things happened last year, like getting married which has been more of a blessing than I ever thought possible - but my main object was to finish strong and get that degree - and I must say, that was not done on my own - the LORD carried me every step... even the day's I kicked and screamed and said "but, but, I DON'T WANNA" and trust me friends, there was several day's like that. However, I can say GOAL Achieved.. THANK YOU LORD.

Goal's for 2011 -


*Take a day of  TRUE Rest. A day set aside for the lord, and spent with my man.
*Plan 2 awesome date nights for my man a month. He plans dates for us all the time, but I want to give back to him, and plan dates for him. Ladies, we're not the only one's that need to be loved.
* Launch by Feb 1st - Launch what you might ask... we'll friend, I can't wait to announce it Feb 1st. :)
* Memorize 2 verses a Month - * apart of Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture memory Challenge
* Read 15 books this year - One a Month, plus some.
* restart P90X and complete all 90 day's
*Blog Daily -
*5 new Ideas a week. Let me explain, it's just something I started doing, it seems strange, but I set aside time to "Go back to the drawing board" so to speak. Think of new ways to accomplish these goals, to make our home a better place, serve, make, create, improve others life, ect. Just think of 5 solid ideas that I can make happen and do them - Some of them call for creating a goal, and plan but in the end - it keeps me in forward motion, instead of running on a treadmill the rest of my life. FORWARD MOTION. How do you keep forward motion?
* Journal daily... God takes us places and the best way I know how to look back a year from now and REMEMBER How far I have come  is to journal.
*Move forward in my Marykay Business, get new customers, gain new team members - Did you know I sell marykay? www.marykay.com/mbrashier Men, did you know MK is a great gift for a woman. and Girls, did you know MK makes men products..
*there are more. but i'll save'em for another day.

Another aspect of the new year is - oneword... my word -Move....

Move forward
Move Closer
Move in step with christ.
More to come on the word MOVE.... but for now....

I like to move'it, move'it  .








Movin' for Him,
Photobucket

2 comments:

Whitney said...

HAHA! Love the way you closed it. I'll be praying that you achieve all of your goals this year! Love you sister.

Anonymous said...

one of the ways i've tried to push myself to positive movement is to "live with intention" --- and that means that i will focus on the day's task, even if it doesn't go towards the bigger goal. So if I need to clean my room and do laundry today, I will FOCUS on that until it is done. It's just something I've found that feels like positive movement: paying attention.
Happy New Year!