Friday, September 2, 2011

He Leads me beside quiet waters.

Austin and I at the beginning of the year dreamed up a type of lifestyle we wanted and wrote it all down . A lifestyle that allowed us to be in church on a weekly basis, a lifestyle that allowed us to see family and be available to them, and a lifestyle that allowed us to be and do more. After seeing where we were and where we believed the Lord was leading us; we took a HUGE leap of faith and moved to Lubbock, for a lifestyle change... and while the moved has afforded us the ability to change our lifestyle a bit, we still have to fight for the a lifestyle in certain areas. While the move won a fight, it did not win the battle. I find so many related parallels in our daily lives, if we did not set aside time to spend with God, would we? If we didn't make it a point to go to church, would we? Would we work out, if someone wasn't holding our hand? Would we be nice if someone didn't say to? I hope so, but the fact of the matter is, most everything in our society is fighting against our core values and essentials to the way Christ intended out lives to be lived.

In a generation, that is so urgent on making the most money now, we choose to work 7 days a week and think nothing of it. We spend time running our families around but never stopping to enjoy them. We become so consumed in our life ,we become way to "busy" for others.

It's a sad thing, and we have seen this picture so clearly painted for us since the beginning of the year. It's been a constant battle. Fighting for the life style we truly desire and strongly believe God has called us to. I know, you might be thinking, Misty, you're just now figuring this out... to which I would tell you, No! We're not just now figuring it out, but we are realizing more daily that way too many people don't fight for a Godly lifestyle, instead, they follow the treads and fads of our society and wonder where the day's go.

I don't know what you think your "Lifestyle" should look like, but I do think if you don't take time to figure it out... a lifestyle you really aren't okay with will creep in on your family. A lifestyle that will cause stress and chaos all around and in each one of your family members. It will creep in so slowly that you won't even have time to notice, and before you know it, this lifestyle is passed down from generation to generation!

Furthermore, for us, it's a lifestyle committed to the lord, a lifestyle of faith and trust. A lifestyle of availability. Availability to each other, our family, and our community. A lifestyle of family, friends and community. A life of giving. Giving of our selves, our resources and our time.

and trust me, I hear the objectives in my head now. Objectives such as "it's really not that easy," and sure "we would live that lifestyle if money we're a problem but we need more money." Objectives that "well that's easy for you to say, yall don't have kids."

All to which I would reply, the CHOICE of lifestyle is yours... "but, as for me and my household we will serve the lord. "

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my Soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name sake.
Even though I walk through the
valley of the shadow of death,
I fear No evil,
for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, the comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me
all the days of my life, and I will dwell
in the house of the Lord forever." -Ps 123

"Fighting the Fight until I see His face,"

Photobucket

1 comment:

Megan said...

hi love, i love this. i am proud of your pursuit.